Coney Island Seaside Older Adult Center helps older adults stay both mentally and physically active through socialization, education and healthy living. In addition to creative activities where older adults can engage in music, art or dance, members have the opportunity to learn about and use technology, partake in group recreation trips or attend exercise classes. Coney Island Seaside Older Adult Center has something for everyone, ensuring that each member gets the most out of his or her experience.
Coney Island Seaside Older Adult Center also provides case assistance, helping older adults gain access to needed services, benefits and entitlements they may otherwise be unable to obtain.
We want to give the elderly of our communities a place to congregate and feel valued. While we believe in assisting with foundational needs, such as food and physical health, we know elderly care goes beyond the basics; it’s about maintaining a fulfilling life.
In addition to its regular healthy aging and educational/recreation programs, Coney Island Seaside Older Adult Center provides supervised programs in partnership with other local organizations. These include YMCA fitness classes, special health lectures through Brooklyn College, and trips to museums, the NY Aquarium, Broadway shows and more.
Coney Island Seaside Older Adult Center 除了定期健康講座和教育/娱乐活動外，康尼 岛海滨老年人中心还与其他当地组织合作提供监督保護计划。其中包括基督教青年会（YMCA）健身 班, 布鲁克林学院举办的特殊健康讲座，以及参观博物馆，纽约水族馆，百老汇表演等等。
В дополнение к программам активного здорового долголетия и спортивно-образовательным классам, центр Coney Island Seaside проводит мероприятия в тесном сотрудничесте с общественными и местными организациями. На базе спорткомплекса YMCA Центр проводит фитнес классы,
оранизовывает лекции о здоровье и здоровому образу жизни совместно с Brooklyn College, проводит поездки в музеи, в Нью-Йорк аквариум, на
Бродвейские шоу и многое другое.
Here are some highlights of programs offered at our centers:
• Health services including blood pressure screenings, brain/memory exercises, diabetes management programs, flu and pneumonia vaccines, mental health awareness and fall prevention training
• Aerobics and Dance
• Magic for Seniors
• State of the art computer lab
• Choral groups and music, including Ehru instruction
• A variety of art classes, including Chinese Paper Cutting and Calligraphy
• Intergenerational programs with local students who meet and perform for our older adults
• Multicultural events (Russian Woman Day, Lunar New Year, Black History month, Hispanic Heritage)
• ESL and conversational English classes
• Monthly trips to Broadway shows, concerts, museums, the circus, the aquarium, parks or the Philharmonic orchestra
We would like to thank our older adult center funders, NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), NYS State Office for the Aging (SOFA), NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA), NYC Department of Cultural Affairs and the NYC Council.