Brooklyn, NY, April 12, 2021 – The NonProfit Help Desk has announced a series of free, online workshops for small and mid-size nonprofits to help them sharpen their skills, and become more effective. The workshops are sponsored by the New York City Council and NYC Department of Youth & Community Development. Qualified workshop participants may request one-on-one follow-up and support, also free of charge. To register, go to: https://www.jccgci.org/our-services/management-support-systems/the-nonprofit-helpdesk/ or email NPHD@JCCGCI.ORG.
The workshop schedule is:
- Wed. April 28, 2021, 12 – 1pm: Shout it Out! The Basics of Marketing Your Nonprofit
- Wed. May 5, 2021, 12 – 1pm: The Art of Coaching. Learn to Motivate and Develop Staff
- Thurs. May 13, 2021, 6 – 7pm: Launch Pad. How to Start Your Nonprofit
- Wed. May 19, 6 – 7pm: Using Social Media to Build Your Nonprofit
- Thurs. June 3, 2021, 12 – 1pm: See You There. Engaging Through Zoom, Google Meets, and Other Cool Tools
- Tues. June 8, 2021, 12 – 1 pm: Legal Matters. HR Legal Concepts
- Thurs. June 10, 2021, 12 – 1pm: Organizational GPS. Map your organization’s future
“Nonprofits face many challenges including not enough staff, not enough budget, and not enough hours in the day. They need to be resilient in the face of crises such as Covid-19. These workshops are designed to help them make the most of what they do have, so they can spend more time fulfilling core mission,” said Jill Mendelson, Program Director, NonProfit Help Desk.
The NonProfit Help Desk offers training and dedicated professional staff support to nonprofits, giving them the resources to serve their communities more efficiently. All services are free or low cost. To find out more, go to: https://www.jccgci.org/our-services/management-support-systems/the-nonprofit-helpdesk/ or email NPHD@JCCGCI.ORG.
These workshops are funded by generous allocations from NYC Councilmembers Laurie Cumbo, Chaim Deutsch, Farah Louis, and Mark Treyger. NPHD is a project of the Jewish Community Council of Greater Coney Island. www.JCCGCI.org.